Children under 1 year of age rarely get SARS, because they have almost no contact with strangers. In addition, breastfed infants have temporary immunity, which they receive due to maternal immunoglobulins contained in breast milk.
Most often, the infection comes from other family members, especially if there are older children in the family who can bring the virus from school or kindergarten. Sometimes the culprits of the disease are the older generation: parents or grandparents.
In order to protect your baby from infection, it is necessary to prevent influenza and SARS in all family members!
Erebra® is a reliable and safe drug that is effective in preventing viral diseases in adults and children.
With SARS, the baby becomes restless, often cries, he loses sleep and appetite, there is excessive moodiness, possible digestive disorders (liquid stools). This is due to the development of general intoxication of the body and swelling of the mucous membranes, which also causes discomfort in the stuffy nose and sore ears. The body temperature rises, the child becomes lethargic and sedentary. Cramps can occur at high temperatures.
Children under one year of age may experience shortness of breath, shortness of breath, runny nose, cough, tearing, and sore throat. All these symptoms are due to the fact that the virus gradually enters the body and gradually affects the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, causing inflammation in them.
It should be noted that the flu in infants is slightly different than in other age groups. Thus, it is characterized by a gradual onset and low temperature, which indicates the inability of the child's body to fight infection. All this leads to the rapid accession of secondary infection, purulent-septic processes and, as a result, - to a high risk of serious complications.
An attentive mother will always notice the first symptoms of illness. But how to help the baby? First of all - call a doctor. Before his arrival, certain measures can be taken. Here are some tips:
- Give your baby as much fluid as possible, often in small portions. This is necessary to eliminate intoxication. Toddlers up to 6 months can only boil water, a weak infusion of rose hips or chamomile, and older children - dried fruit compote, juices.
- It's good if the baby is breastfeeding. This will strengthen the body's defenses.
- If the child is fed, it should contain as many vitamins as possible. Various fruit and vegetable purees are perfect for this purpose. It is better to exclude meat purees from the menu during the illness.
- The temperature in the room where the sick child is should be kept within 20-22˚C.
- Do not walk with your baby or bathe your baby until the temperature drops.
All other measures can be taken only after a doctor's examination and on his prescription.