Children in this age group are less likely to get sick than preschoolers, due to the fact that the immunity of older children is almost completely formed. But it also sometimes fails. This is facilitated by numerous factors that are unique to this category of children.
Stress, fatigue, poor nutrition, cold rooms, running around naked on the street - not a complete list of factors that significantly weaken the immune system of the student. To this should be added irregular airing of classrooms, constant contact with furniture (desks, chairs, door handles), which almost no one ever wipes thoroughly, handshakes between boys (girls can kiss each other on the cheek when greeting or use makeup girlfriends, who caught a cold).
These are just ideal conditions for the spread of contact and airborne infections. And only thanks to a strong immune system, SARS does not so often "mow" the ranks of schoolchildren, especially high school students.
As for treatment, its principles do not differ at all from the therapy of children or preschoolers, except for age doses of drugs.
The principles of prevention, which should be followed in adolescence, largely repeat those carried out in infants, only the priorities change:
- Use of vitamins, vitamin-mineral complexes.
- Children should not walk with wet feet. If this happens, foot warmers and warm socks are best.
- If a child is cold, he should take a hot bath, but such baths are contraindicated at high temperatures.
- Students can drink vitamin herbal teas to boost their immunity. It is best to take oregano, thyme, Ivan tea, raspberries, calendula, chamomile, currants or lime blossom. Herbs can be brewed both individually and in assembly. To get the result, you need to drink this tea for at least a month for 2-3 cups a day.
- During epidemics, it is important to take safe and effective medicines to prevent colds and flu, such as Erebra®.